- 1999-2003: HEC - University of Lausanne, Switzerland: PhD in Financial Asset management and Engineering (FAME)
- 1997-1999: Graduate Institute for International Studied (HEI). Geneva, Switzerland: MPhil in International Relations, International Relations, International Economics
- 1997-1998: Oxford University (Linacre College), UK: Certificate of Studies in Finance
- 1992-1996: University of Tirana, Albania and University of Macerata, Italy: BA in Finance & Banking
- (Since May 2019-onwards)
Co-Founder and CEO of Intensel Limited. An AI-enhanced climate modelling technology for predicting and managing risks related to weather extreme and climate change.
- (Since May 2019- onwards)
Member Board of Directors of VEIL, Dragon Group Capital Limited. Vietnam Enterprise Investments Limited (‘VEIL’) launched in 1995, is a USD2billion closed-end fund trading on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- (Since 2016 - 2018)
Founder and Managing director of Ipsum Opus Limited.
It is a cloud based software as a service (SaaS) platform that uses proprietary algorithms for job matching talents to the industry based on skills, experience and personality traits.
- (Since 2012 - onwards)
Consultant/ Advisor on Impact and ESG Investing.
Set up the necessary methodologies to measure the impact component of investment. Identify, analyze, integrate and price social, environment and governance (ESG) factors into company's financials
- (Since 2008 - onwards)
University of Science and Technology Hong Kong (HKUST), Department of Finance.
Adjunct Associate Professor
Lecturer for Fixed Income Securities and Rates Derivatives course, Investment Analysis courses, Sustainable Investing course for Master of Investment Management, Master of Financial Analysis, MBA as well as undergraduate level.
UBS Investment Bank HK, Fixed Income Department
Interest Rate Derivatives Strategist
Responsibility: Produced weekly trade recommendations and developed quantitative analysis for most of the Asia- Pacific fixed income markets
UBS Investment Bank HK, Fixed Income Department
Credit Sales and Distribution for Asia
Responsibility: Marketing and trading of government and corporate bonds
Fund of (Hedge) Funds, Longitude Investment SA, Geneva, Switzerland
Responsibility: Analyze and simulate various hedge funds trading strategies
Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), Albania
Department of Trading Supervision
Responsibilities: Develop the necessary rules and the legal framework for traders and companies to be listed in the Stock Exchange
- Climate Disclosure and Climate Risk for Asian Companies (Chapter 2), Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2020 on Sustainable Energy and Green Finance for a Low-carbon Economy - Perspectives from the Greater Bay Area of China, 2020
- Impact of Climate Risk Factors on Valuations of China A-Shares Market (Chapter 9), Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2020 on Sustainable Energy and Green Finance for a Low-carbon Economy - Perspectives from the Greater Bay Area of China, 2020
- CLP Group: Environmental, Social and Governance Factors and Their Effects on Valuation (A), 2018, Entela Benz and Ellen Orr https://hbsp.harvard.edu/product/ST52A-PDF-ENG
- CLP Group: Environmental, Social and Governance Factors and Their Effects on Valuation (B), 2018, Entela Benz and Ellen Orr https://hbsp.harvard.edu/product/ST52B-PDF-ENG
- Venture investment contracts as baskets of real options. Cossin, Didier, Leleux, Benoît F., Saliasi, Entela. Journal of financial transformation, vol. 13, April 2005, p. 93-101
- The liquidation preference in venture capital investment contracts: a real option approach. Cossin, Didier, Leleux, Benoît F., Saliasi, Entela. McCahery, Joseph A. (Ed.), Renneboog, Luc (Ed.) / Venture capital contracting and the valuation of high-technology firms, Oxford University Press, 2003, p. 318-33
- Optimal Portfolio Policies of Levered Investor in Presence of Default Risk. Published 2003-02-01, Saliasi, Entela, Swiss Banking Institute Working Paper. http://www.econbiz.de/
- A Theoretical Explanation of the Firm’s Hedging Policy. Published 2003-04-01, Saliasi, Entela, Swiss Banking Institute Working Paper. http://www.econbiz.de/
- Understanding the Economic Value of Legal Covenants in Investment Contracts : A Real-Options Approach to Venture Equity Contracts, 2002-10-01, Cossin, Didier ; Leleux, Benoit ; Saliasi, Entela, Swiss Banking Institute Working Paper. http://www.econbiz.de/
Relevant Teaching Experience With Universities
Since 2008, Professor Benz-Saliasi serves as Adjunct Associate Professor at HKUST, Department of Finance. Teaching Investment Analysis, Fixed Income Securities and Sustainable Investing courses for both Undergraduates and Master level.
Consulting And Executive Education Experience With Companies/Organization
Alongside teaching, acting as consultant/advisor to various NGO or market players with focus on Impact Investing. On Sustainable/ESG Investing she has collaborated with entities such as Robecco Asset Management, Tencent and CLP (case study). In 2003 graduated with a PhD in Financial Asset Management and Engineering (FAME) from HEC – University of Lausanne, Switzerland. Also hold a MPhil in International Economics from HEI- Graduate Institute for International Studied, Geneva, Switzerland and Certificate of Finance from Linacre College, Oxford University.
Professor Benz-Saliasi worked as Interest Rate Derivatives Strategist for UBS Investment Bank Hong Kong. In her role as interest rate strategist, generated frequent trade recommendations covering Asian fixed income markets including Japan and Pacific region. Back in 1999, while working for the hedge fund industry, produced various research report covering explicit trade strategies. Prior to that, in 1996, helped create and establish the Department of Trading Supervision of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) in Albania.
- Albanian (native speaker)
- English (fluent and written)
- French (fluent and written)
- Italian (fluent and written)
- German (intermediate level)
- Mandarin (beginner)